Tuesday, July 18, 2023

My Meeting With The Alliance For Gun Responsibility

 

 

Hello Michael Christophersen,
Thank you for registering for Alliance Candidate Training - Evening Session.

The event was basically about giving anti-gun talking points to political candidates. They had some polished slides with basic common sense statements.

My main reason for my attendance was to hopefully to gain some understanding for the reason for the major loop hole  in  HB 1240. 

After some pressing one of the organizers wrote in chat that "something is better than nothing" and HB 1240 might not passed if it "KILLED JOBS" 

To that I wrote back that it semms the sponsors of the bill 1240 cared more about not killing jobs than not killing children in other states? At that point he stop responding. 

The host then went on with talking points for schools especially around safe storage. They seem to make it sound like it was easier to buy a gun in Seattle than fentanyl.

I stated that in Seattle we have a weapons ban, a 10 days waiting period and FBI and local law enforcement back ground check plus both a required safety training law and safe storage laws. So short of gun confiscation what I'm I suppose to say to parents?  

At this point they killed the meeting. 

https://gunresponsibility.org/


  
   






















No comments:

Post a Comment